Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturday morning

Saturday morning I like to get up early. I make myself a cup of tea, turn on the radio and then disappear in my craft room for most of the morning. When I'm lucky the sun shines in my room to give me this happy, relaxed Saturday morning feeling that I enjoy so much!

Well, the sun wasn't shining this morning and the little project I started on didn't work out the way I wanted it to at all! Luckily I threw the failure in a corner and started on something new. It saved my day because in the end I made these two sweet little birdies. And they definitely look like they are enjoying their Saturday morning in the sun, don't they?








First I drew the sketch, cut the single images out of nice and colorful fabrics and ironed them on to the background fabric. Then I stitched all the images just to give it a nice and frisky finish. I painted the branch and also stitched that after the (acrylic) paint dried. All just very easy to do.

I stapled the fabric artwork onto a rectangle canvas. So much fun if you have an electric stapler like I do. It gives me this 'Bob the Builder eat my dust' feeling! Whohoo...girl power!

And I'm so happy with the result as well.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Monique,
    Oh how sweet that looks.
    Well done on your creative saturday morning.
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete