Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Floating...

This week I felt a bit like a fish with Alzheimer. Floating around no idea in which direction to paddle. Lost in the big ocean of crafts. 


You must now that I'm not working anymore (yes, i know...!) I decided to start up my own craft business and just focus on that for now. A very exciting step for me. Finally doing what I always have wanted!!!
But also a very confusing and frightening step. It takes a while before you will know if it's going to be a success or not and you keep wondering how you can succeed! I mean, there's so many great handmade items for sale now a days that it might me difficult to stand out.


On the other hand, I know I can! I will make it into an success. I was born to craft....hehe. Jolly... this sound as-if from a self help book! 

There's still a lot of steps ahead of me, but I'm so excited and kind of grateful for the opportunity as well. 
And as if things couldn't get any better I met an amazing lady who helps me setting up the business and she is (and has been) so motivating, inspiring and just wonderful. I feel so lucky!


On top of this very busy and exciting part of my life, we are also searching for a new home. We, or should I say, I am in desperate need of more space (to craft...hehe) and a garden!
So 'the search' and inspecting houses also take up a lot of time, but is also very exciting!


And in between I try to keep up with crafting. This is a customised name plaque for a little boys room.
And I made the fish cushion (above) myself as well. Did you notice the red seam/ edge (no idea how you call it). I've never done that before and do not know if I did it the right way but it worked out very well!


Wish you all a great day. And I'll keep you updated!

14 comments:

  1. Oh yes you can, miss Monique! I could not think of anyone more talented and driven than you... you really have what it takes to make it in this wonderful handmade craft industry! Your products are sensational, unique and you have such a wonderful personality, it is hard NOT to stand out!
    I cannot wait for the next step in your venture and I hope you will be able to let go of the "fear", believe in yourself, and do whatever it takes to make your dream come true! Here's to your success!!

    Nancy

    P.S.: LOOOOOOOOVE that pillow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very thrilling and courageous step for which I have also gone before a good year. But if one does not try it, one also does not know whether one it would have created from all others to lift out;) fun in my thing and the people has liked Me she makes my things and I with it Happy and this is what I wanted;)

    I wish you sincerely completely a lot of success also your things are wonderful and incredibly ♥

    Greetings Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. LEUK LEUK LEUK!
    Wat heb je dat weer mooi gemaakt!
    lieve groet Erna

    ReplyDelete
  4. joh! als iemand het kan ben jij het wel! you go girl! je maakt werkelijk prachtige dingen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. En ik ga overal reclame voor je maken hoor!!!!
    x Sis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wat ongelofelijk spannend allemaal, maar als je het wilt lukt het ook. go for it met hart en ziel. Zou graag met je ruilen, wil ook graag van mijn hobby mijn werk maken. Maar wie weet wat de toekomst brengt.

    groetjes wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jouw webshop gaat ongetwijfeld een succes worden. Daar ben ik echt helemaal van overtuigd. Jij maakt zulke leuke, mooie en orginele dingen dat wordt echt een succes! Maar ik snap je onzekerheid hoor!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meid, dat gaat gewoon helemaal goed komen! Daar heb ik alle vertrouwen in!
    Kan me goed voorstellen hoor, het blijft natuurlijk eng, een hele grote stap....
    Slaat het wel aan, bereik ik wel mensen die mijn Kunst (ja een hoofdletter K, en ja Kunst, dat is mijn mening! punt.)
    Heel erg veel succes!

    Lieve groetjes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. achter kunst moest natuurlijk aan schaffen staan ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Voor alle leuke inspiratie en leuke woorden, wou ik je graag bedanken met de sunshine award!

    Kom maar even kijken op mijn blog ;-)

    Heel veel groetjes,

    MissPatee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all for your kind and motivating comments. It absolutely made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wat een spannende tijden! Maar het moet wel een succes worden, je maakt zulke mooie dingen!
    Zoals dat vis-kussen, echt leuk!
    Groetjes Marieke

    ReplyDelete
  13. Leuk kussen en bordje!
    Heb je die speelhut ook zelf gemaakt?
    Die is echt SUPER!!!
    Dat komt wel goed met jouw creative talent ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Je hele blog staat boordevol met supermooie spulletjes, dus je eigen zaak kan niet anders dan een succes worden. Heel erg veel geluk gewenst!
    Groetjes, Poes P

    ReplyDelete